The Eastern New York Chapter of ACRL invites presenters for Lightning Rounds and Poster Sessions at its Spring Conference, “Setting Out on the Right Path: Academic Libraries and the First Year Transition,” which will be held Monday, May 19, 2014, at SUNY Oswego in Oswego, NY. This meeting will focus on the first year transition experience, including connecting with first year students, integrating information literacy into first year curricula, technical services in support of the first year transition, etc.
* Presentations are limited to 5 minutes!! Share a quick overview of your ideas, experience, and programs related to any and all forms of supporting the first year transition: for collections, public services, internal work, IT, cataloging, outreach, metrics, what works, what doesn’t, etc. Presenters must be available to discuss their topics between 11:00–11:50am.
Poster sessions are an excellent opportunity to share your ideas, research findings, projects, solutions to problems, or best practices. Posters should relate to the conference theme of the first year transition. Posters will be on display throughout the day. Presenters must be available to discuss their topics from 2:00–2:30pm.
Proposals should include:
- Presenter’s name (If there is more than one presenter, choose one person to be the contact.)
- Contact information including phone number, fax number, e-mail, and mailing address
- Title of presentation
- Technology, electricity and space needs
- Summary description of less than 250 words
Send Lightning Round proposals to:
Anne Larrivee, email@example.com
Binghamton University Libraries
P.O. Box 6012
Binghamton, NY 13902
Send Poster Session proposals to:
Tarida Anantachai, firstname.lastname@example.org
Syracuse University Libraries
222 Waverly Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13210
Deadline for proposals is March 10, 2014. Proposals received after this date may be considered if there is still space available for participation. Candidates will be notified of acceptance by March 31, 2014.
We look forward to seeing you in May at SUNY Oswego!